With the burgeoning of mindfulness as a contemporary practice to enhance emotional intelligence, psychological stability and productivity, you will find plenty of books, articles and blogs on the web and elsewhere dealing with mindfulness & meditation in general. The list on this page specifically offers reading and resources for aesthetic appreciation, and how the contemplation of beauty through art can offer states of being equivalent to those gained through sitting meditation and other mindfulness practices.
- A Beginner’s Guide to starting a mindfulness practice – Shannon Harvey (blog & video excerpt)
- Mindfulness Meditation and the Perception of Beauty – Álvaro I. Langer, Carlos Schmidt and Edwin Krogh (chapter)
- Art as a mindfulness practice – Amaris Espinosa (dissertation)
- Schopenhauer, Part 1: The aesthetic theory – Tucker (blog)
- Centre for Mindfulness (Netherlands) – website with resources